I-405 Renton to Bellevue Widening and Express Toll Lanes
The I-405 Renton to Bellevue Widening and Express Toll Lanes project will add new capacity to create a two-lane express toll lane system between SR 167 in Renton and Northeast 6th Street in Bellevue, including additional toll lanes in both north and south directions.
Of Noise Wall Area Protecting Communities
Fish Passage Crossings
Paved section of Eastrail regional multi-use trail
The existing HOV lane will be combined with a new lane to create a dual express toll lane system.
The new express toll lanes will connect to the existing express toll lane system between Bellevue and Lynnwood, as well as the SR 167 HOT lanes via the I-405/SR 167 Interchange Direct Connector, to create a 40-mile system of express toll lanes.
The project is a joint venture with Flatiron Construction.
- Dual express toll lane system from SR 167 in Renton to Northeast 6th Street in Bellevue
- New southbound auxiliary lane in the I-90 to 112th Avenue Southeast vicinity
- Improvements at interchanges, including Northeast Park Drive and Northeast 44th Street in Renton, and 112th Avenue Southeast and Coal Creek Parkway in Bellevue
- Construction of portions of the Eastside Rail Corridor regional trail, including a 2.5-mile paved section and a new crossing over I-405 in downtown Bellevue at the site of the former Wilburton rail bridge (in partnership with King County)
- New direct access ramp and inline transit station at NE 44th Street in Renton to help support Bus Rapid Transit operations (in partnership with Sound Transit)
BENEFITS/POSITIVE ASPECTS TO COMMUNITY
- Offers more reliable travel choices and keep drivers, transit riders, and freight moving
- Reduces congestion
- Improves safety performance of the highway