Turnpike Mainline Widening from Minneola Interchange to O’Brian Road
Florida’s Turnpike Enterprise project aims to widen the Mainline Turnpike from Orlando to I-75 to increase capacity, mobility, and connectivity for Floridians and its over 100 million annual visitors. Ever increasing traffic volumes, additional congestion, and delays continue to grow in the region calling for immediate upgrades.
Lane’s contract includes widening seven miles from the Minneola Interchange to O’Brian Road on the Turnpike from four to eight lanes (four lanes in each direction), constructing new stormwater treatment facilities, new bridge structures, new tolling sites, signing, pavement markings, lighting, communications, intelligent traffic systems (ITS), and general interchange improvements. Work is anticipated to begin in the fall of 2022.
- Widening seven miles of interchange highway
- Constructing new stormwater treatment facilities
- Constructing new bridge structures
- Installing new tolling sites, signing, pavement markings, lighting, communications, and intelligent traffic systems (ITS)
BENEFITS/POSITIVE ASPECTS TO COMMUNITY
- Reduce congestion and improve roadway safety
- Improve travel reliability along a critical hurricane evacuation route